Services for Those with Limited Financial Resources
Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) Waiver:
I/DD services are authorized through the Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services and the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing.
The following services are provided under the I/DD Program:
- Specialized medical care and skilled nursing
- Personal assistance services
- Supportive home care
- Overnight/temporary respite care
- Overall wellness monitoring
- Assistive services
- Medical-alert rental
- Financial management services
- Supportive employment
- Supportive home care monitoring
Frail and Elderly (FE) Medicaid Waiver:
The FE Medicaid Waiver is designed to help elderly people that require nursing home care. Waiver participants are provided with support and services that enable them to remain living in their own home, in a family home, or elsewhere in their community instead of in a nursing home. Some of the services provided under this waiver are open to self-direction.
The Frail and Elderly Waiver considers the age, level of impairment, and finances of applicants.
- Age: Applicants must be at least 65 years of age.
- Level of Impairment: Applicants must be assessed by a medical team and determined to require nursing home care.
- Finances: Applicants must qualify for Medicaid services. In Kansas, it is still possible to qualify for Medicaid and the Frail and Elderly Waiver when one’s financial holdings exceed the monetary limits.