Services for those with limited financial resources living
Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) Waiver:
I/DD services are authorized through the Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services and Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing.
Services provided under the I/DD Program:
- Specialized Medical Care – Skilled Nursing
- Personal Assistance Services
- Supportive Home Care
- Overnight/Temporary Respite Care
- Overall Wellness Monitoring
- Assistive Services
- Medical-alert Rental
- Financial Management Services
- Supportive Employment
- Supportive Home Care Monitoring
Frail and Elderly (FE Waiver) Medicaid Waiver:
Is designed to help the elderly that require nursing home care. Waiver participants are provided with services and support to enable them to remain living in their homes, in family homes or otherwise in their communities instead of in a nursing home. Some of the services provided under this waiver are open to self-direction.
The Frail and Elderly Waiver considers the age, level of impairment and finances of the applicants.
- Age – must be at least 65 years of age
- Level of Impairment – Applicants must be assessed by a medical team and determined to require nursing home care
- Must qualify for Medicaid services
In Kansas, it is still possible to qualify for Medicaid and the Frail and Elderly Waiver when one’s financial holding exceed the monetary limits.