AVAILABLE IN MISSOURI
In-home services are referred to as home and community-based services. These services are authorized by the Division of Senior & Disability Services and regulated by the Division of Senior and Disability Services and the MoHealth Net Division.
Services Provided by a Caregiver: Agency Directed
- Personal care (grooming, including bathing and dressing)
- Assistance in transferring
- Advanced personal care
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Grocery shopping and errands
- Preparing meals and cleaning up
- Range of motion
- Maintenance nursing (medication set-ups and assessment)
- Respite and advanced respite care
The services listed above often enable a person to remain at home rather than move to a skilled nursing facility. At Phoenix Home Care we are in the business of people, and we believe that every moment matters!
In order to qualify for in-home services, the individual must be elderly or disabled, eligible for Medicaid, and assessed by the Division of Senior & Disability Services to qualify for nursing home placement if the services are paid for by government funds.