At Phoenix Home Care, we pride ourselves on our ability to match your unique needs with a medical specialist who is a perfect fit for your situation. Our regional office in Wichita, KS, offers a wide variety of skilled home services for the people of our community who meet the criteria for Medicare home health coverage. Learn about Medicare home health care and how you can get the care you need with Phoenix Home Care.
How to Know If You Meet the Coverage Criteria
According to the medicare.gov home health page, the eligibility restrictions are as follows:
All people with Medicare Part A and/or Medicare Part B who meet all of these conditions are covered:
- You must be under the care of a doctor, and you must be getting services under a plan of care created and reviewed regularly by a doctor.
- You must need, and a doctor must certify that you need, one or more of the following:
- Intermittent skilled nursing care (other than drawing blood)
- Physical therapy, speech-language pathology, or continued occupational therapy services. These services are covered only when the services are specific, safe, and effective for your condition. The amount, frequency and time period of the services needs to be reasonable, and only qualified therapists can do them safely and effectively. To be eligible, either: 1) your condition must be expected to improve in a reasonable and generally predictable period of time, or 2) you need a skilled therapist to safely and effectively make a maintenance program for your condition, or 3) you need a skilled therapist to safely and effectively do maintenance therapy for your condition. The home health agency caring for you is approved by Medicare (Medicare-certified).
- You must be homebound, and a doctor must certify that you’re homebound.
- You’re not eligible for the home health benefit if you need more than part-time or “intermittent” skilled nursing care.
- You may leave home for medical treatment or short, infrequent absences for non-medical reasons, like attending religious services. You can still get home health care if you attend adult daycare.
Why Choose Phoenix Home Care?
If you qualify for Medicare-covered skilled home service, Phoenix Home Care is the natural choice as a healthcare provider. We work hard to recruit the most talented home care specialists in the area, and we can match you or your loved one with a specialist who will best serve your unique needs. Our entire infrastructure is designed to help our patients achieve the freedom to live comfortably from home. You can be sure that you will receive excellent care, no matter what your reasons for skilled home service may be.
Contact Us Today
If you are ready to make strides towards a happier, healthier life — contact the Wichita Phoenix Home Care office today. Our team will gladly discuss your situation to better understand exactly what your specific needs are, so we can be sure to meet them as best as possible. Contact our office today at 316-854-1209 to learn more.