Pediatric Private Duty Nursing is a field that can be both challenging and incredibly rewarding. Working with children can be tough, especially children who require personalized home care. However, the work you perform is crucial and can be truly fulfilling. If you are a trained nurse interested in learning more about pediatric private duty nursing, the team at Phoenix Home Care in Wichita, KS have a bit of info to help you understand more about this career.
What Families Need Pediatric Private Duty Nursing?
There are many reasons why a family may require the services of Phoenix Home Care. Generally, the child in question has a higher requirement for daily care. Often, the physician who works with the child will deem that home care is necessary and recommend private duty nursing as a solution. Some of the health complications that may require the help of a pediatric private duty nurse include:
- Children with a respiratory illness or disease who are dependent on a ventilator or other medical device.
- Children who have suffered traumatic brain injuries or are otherwise neurologically compromised.
- Babies who are born premature
- Children with a disease or condition that hinders their normal physical or mental development.
In short, families who need more help to care for their children turn to private duty nurses for assistance.
How Do Pediatric Private Duty Nurses Help?
The role of a pediatric home care nurse depends on the specific needs of their patient. The day-to-day role of a nurse can include many different services, including:
- Operation and monitoring of specialized medical equipment (ventilators, sleep apnea monitors, etc.)
- Neonatal nursing and care for babies who are born prematurely
- Health assessments and vital monitoring
- Medical intervention when necessary based on health assessments
- Wound care
- Administering medicine or treatment
- Physical or speech therapy
- General care such as cleaning or comforting
These are only some of the roles a pediatric private duty nurse may perform. Depending on the child’s individual needs, Phoenix Home Care can provide a private duty nurse with a specific skill set or training.
Start Your Career as a Pediatric Home Care Nurse
If you are a trained nurse in the Wichita, KS area, interested in working with some truly remarkable children — reach out to the Phoenix Home Care team today. Learn more about the current career openings at Phoenix Home Care to find a role that fits your unique skills. Or, if you have questions about our services, contact our team today at 888-830-2388. We look forward to hearing from you!